Accelerated Expansion

The Science Blogosphere is going to be full of comments on the winning of the 2011 Nobel Prize by Perlmutter, Riess and Schmidt, and so I am not going write a lot on this topic, other than to say that I know Brian well and I am very happy for him. The fact Riess is younger than me suggests that I may not be personally on the Nobel Prize trajectory :)

Anyway, I quite like the Nobels. Not the prize itself, as it rewards individuals from what are typically large groups, but guessing who the next winner will be is fun.

This year I was correct, and I have evidence over at Uncertainty Principles, and it looks like I win a prize myself :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling into a black hole: Just what do you see?

Journey to the Far-Side of the Sun

Proton: a life story